Matt 17:20

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Joey is home! He walked through the door of our new living room and kitchen around 6:30 p.m. last night.
He is still very weak, but you can already see a huge difference, just by him being at home.
There will be quite a bit of follow up therapy in the next month or so, please keep him in your prayers as he begins to realize the magnitude of some of this.
Once again I am amazed at the body of Christ in action. Thanks to everyone, our friends that are believers and non-believers for the outpouring of love on our family.

“…..but if all of these trials bring me closer to you, I will walk through the fire if you want me to.”—Ginney Owens

We have been through the fire, but not alone and the scars we will carry could never compare to the nail scared hands our Savior bore on our behalf, because he loves us.
Love
anneke

7 comments:

Melody said...

Good Morning Bernardo Family,
I am so excited for all of you to be home again together. What a wonderful reunion that must have been.
Anneke, you have been so strong through all of this & have shown us all what it means to really perservere in times of trouble. Just last night I stumbled across these words in
Isaiah 40:28-31
"Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
I know that these words have been such an encouragement to you in the last few weeks through the song "Everlasting God" as you made that trek to UCLA. You have been an encouragement to me as you kept your eyes fixed on Christ and ran, but did not grow weary.
I will continue to keep you all in my prayers through the weeks ahead as Joey continues to heal at home.
I Love You All!!
Melody

Anonymous said...

It's your Twin ;o)

Praise God!!! I can only imagine how grateful you all felt the moment you all were at home together! I will be keeping you on my prayer list as I know you have road of recovery to travel.

Please also be in prayer for my brother-in-law Rick. He was in motorcycle accident Sunday. He crushed the left side of his body. All ribs are broken, clavical broken in 3 places, scapula broke in half, collapsed lung and as of this morning he has started bleeding internally. My (other) sister Katrina is doing remarkably well. My Dad arrived last night is trying to help, but driving everyone crazy instead. (Please pray we don't hurt him:o) Love to your family. Phil 4:13
XXXXXX, Natalie

Anonymous said...

Thank God he is finally home and you can be together. You are all in my prayers and will continue to be. Love you.
Loretta

Dos Blessed said...

Bienvenidos! We are so glad that you are well and home and are praising God for His answered prayers and for using your situation to bring fame to Himself over and over again. Peace be with you all!
-G.O. Ministries family

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Joey! God is truely good, and obviously has big plans for you, my friend. We can not tell you how our hearts leapt when we heard you were home. You have been blessed with a wonderful family and group of friends that love you with all they have. It has been an incredible sight to see the "behind-the-scenes" workings of the body of Christ rallying behind you. We can not wait to see your smiling face roaming the halls of Discovery Church again. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Love,

The Scully Family

Anonymous said...

Joey and Anneke,
The Jones house is so glad that you are now home. Even though I already knew you were home, the smiles on your children's faces would have clearly given it away. For this I am grateful to God.

We will continue to pray for all the pieces to get put back together and that your body will continue to be restored.

Take this time to enjoy your family and see what God has truley blessed you with. Ya know...Anneke, I think she's a keeper there Joey. What a strong woman of God you have. You are blessed.
Much Love,
Candice Jones & Family

Jennifer Goodenough said...

Praise God!!!!

We have been praying for you here at GO. I am so glad that you can heal at home now.

Dios les bendigas!

Jen