Matt 17:20

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hi,
Yesterday morning(Friday) Joey was taken by ambulance to another building where he sat for some hours in an oxygen tank or oxygen room. I forget what the name of it is a something or other chamber, anyway, it was used to help with his healing process. The nurse had said the plan was to release him today (Saturday). I came home to pick up the little ones from school (my mom left yesterday) and got a call from the hospital. Both of the doctor teams and the nurses working with Joey had had a meeting to discuss his progress and reported it to the head neurosurgeon who all thought it was best that they keep Joey in over the weekend. Although I miss him terribly and want him home, I do want him to be fully recovered.
Joey insisted that I go to Joey B's homecoming game (they won!) but it was hard for me to be away from the hospital. Thanks to Tina and Brian White's loan of their video camera, I got a lot of good footage to share with Joey when he comes home. Brian and Cindy Lilly spent several hours with Joey at the hospital so he wouldn't have to be alone.
My sister (Stephanie) flies in from NY and will be here this afternoon. I am so blessed to have a family willing to fly 3,000 miles to help me. My brother Mark and Joey's sister Eileen will be out this month also.
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised" (Hebrews 10:36).
Thanks for everyone's prayers and lets keep praying we get Joey home on Monday.
Love
anneke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anneke - been monitoring all the emails - my prayers are with you. It's important the doctors get him set up to come home so there's no complications. Sounds like he may be on the way home soon now - I'll keep listening and praying - Lorraine Phillips

BeadCobbler said...

Sweet Anneka
Please let us know how you and the family are doing. I'm praying no news since Saturday is good news.
Our hearts and prayers are with you. Love Aunt Liz