Matt 17:20

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

9/1 msg from Anneke

For those of you that don't know, Joey had back surgery a week and a half ago. He went back a week later to get the staples removed only tho find out that he was leaking spinal fluid and ended up back in emergancy surgery yesterday. This is the result of yesterday's surgery.

Thanks Tina for beaing so digilent in letting everyone know what's going on. Doug's son will be in our prayers as well.

Joey had surgery yesterday at noon. He got out of what was suposed to be a one hour surgery 3 hours later! The doctor said they confimred there was spinal fluid in there and had found a leak and fixed it (whatever that means). He is in ICU for the next couple of days with a special drain that measures the liquid and they shut it on and off in hourly increments. (Margie maybe you know about this) and he also has to stay completly straight. They turn him on the hour as well. ICU visiting hours are 10 a.m. -6 p.m. Scott Irwin came by yesterday and got to pray with him. Dan McSwain and Brian Berman also came by and prayed with me. After the surgery I had to go home and see the kids that I hadn't seen in a day and a half. So while he was in recovery I got some good lovin' in for Johnny and Megan. Joey Jr was at his Fire Department boot camp. Brainerd came over and watched the kids for a few hours so I could go back to the hospital. When I got back to the hospital around 5:30 he was being transported. By the time he was actually on his way, visiting hours were over. They said there was one more visiting hour from 8-9 p.m. if I wanted to wait. I explained that I hadn't seen him since before he went in for surgery at noon so around 7:30 p.m. after he was pretty much set up, they let me in. I stayed till about 9. Little Joey will be home from football today at 11 and I plan on going back over after then. I got a pretty good sleep last night. I have been runing on empty. I hope Joey did too. Please pray for Candice and the Jones family. They wached Johnny and Megan for almost two whole days and picked them up from school, fed, bathed, you name it! They too have some family illnesses going on right now, so please keep them in your prayers.
Love
anneke

No comments: