Matt 17:20

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Monday, September 24, 2007

9/24 Update...Joey's not coming home today

Dear Family and Friends of Joey,
Well, as it turns out, Joey is not coming home today. I don't want to believe it, but it is true.
Anneke and Joey were all set to go leave the hospital. Joey was unplugged from all of his tubes and wires. All they were waiting for was confirmation that a nurse was available and scheduled to see Joey at home beginning tomorrow. While waiting, Joey's incision was checked again. His dressing was soaked and he was leaking a large amount of red fluid. In an emergency procedure, they added three more sutures to the incision, without any numbing to the area! Talk about insult to injury!! They are keeping him overnight for sure and his surgeon has ordered another MRI which they hope to get sometime today. Poor Joey and Anneke feel like they are back to square one.
Please, please continue to hold them in your prayers.
The obvious silver lining here is that they were not checked out of the hospital yet. Praise God. Otherwise, they would have had to go through the entire routine of re-admitting him, hoping his bed had not been filled already!
Disappointed by this new development,
Tina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. It's Mark. I'm Anneke's little brother. I am sorry to hear that Joey's not coming home today, but glad to hear they caught the problem before they left the hospital. I'll call and check in tomorrow. It's great that this blog has been put together. We love you. Keep strong. Love, Mark.

anneke said...

I love you too Mark.
Love
a