Matt 17:20

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Thursday, September 20, 2007

9/19 11:50 PM Successful Surgery

Tina's words say it perfectly.........

Dear Life Group,
11:50PM Thursday. We just received a call from Anneke. Joey is out of surgery #5. His doctors were surprised and hugely relieved. What they found was not another spinal fluid leak but rather a bruise that had developed a pocket that was oozing fluid of the same color and consistency of spinal fluid. The spinal column does not appear to be leaking at all. It's wonderful news! They told Anneke Joey could be home in as little as four days!
Wow! What an amazing illustration of just what we were discussing tonight. God answers prayer in ways we could never dream up ourselves!
Anneke also spoke of what a comfort it was to know we were all together tonight praying for Joey.
Love you guys! Our God is good, indeed!!
Tina

3 comments:

margie said...

Hey Joey and Anneke,
God is awesome and He has shown Himself mighty in all of what has been happening. Everywhere I go, people are talking about praying for you, and anytime God's people are moved to pray, it's an awesome thing! We love you so much, and miss you great big time! Joey, I can't wait for one of your bear hugs and big fat smooches! Life group is "different" without you!
You and your family are blessings beyond your imagining. BTW, I got the biggest hug from Megan on Sunday that I have ever gotten...so sweet...
love you guys...see you soon
In Him,
Margie and Brian

candice said...

WOW!!! When I read Tina's email I didn't know whether to scream, cry, jump for joy, wow, I am still at a loss for words, except that GOD IS SO GOOD. Thank you Jesus! Hey Joey, "just so ya know....I miss you" And if we are taking numbers I'm second in line after Margie for one of those great big bear hugs.
Much Love,
Candice

Melody said...

Trish Says....
thank you for sharing the wonderful news, tina. i am so tempted to do a dance of joy in my office right now and yell "hallelujah and amen" ---but then i have to keep my day job to feed my kid!

darn, can someone home do that for me? pls?